Jacob Duffy Halbleib
Jacob Duffy Halbleib
Comedy Writer, Actor, and Ideator
 

J. D. Halbleib

a human hopeful comedian

Face.jpg

Skills & Other Meaningless Stats


Latest Writing:

More at /Writing


Current Projects

Knavery Ink

Executive Producer
KnaveryInk.com | Oct ‘17 - Present

A Comedy Production Company.

Never Been Slayed

Producer/Podcast Host
KnaveryInk.com | October ‘18 - Present

A Buffy Fan Podcast With A Buffy Vigrin.

Riff Raff REvolution

Producer/Editor
KnaveryInk.com | Apr ‘18 - Present

Underepresented Comedians And Their Stories.

Almost Heinous

Producer
KnaveryInk.com | Sep ‘18 - Present

Guilty pleasure podcast.

fourteenthrees.com (formerly Tim's Tesseract)

Contributing Writer
TimsTesseract.com | Dec ‘17 - Present

Horror & Sci-fi Comedy Articles.


Past Projects

QUICK PICKLE

Performer
The Second City | Apr ‘18 - Aug ‘18

Witty Relationship-Based Comedy.

EVERYTHING’S FINE MOM

Improvisor/Producer
ColdTowne Theater | Jun ‘16 - Aug ‘17

A Competition-Winning Fast-Paced Improv Team.

SIDE QUEST

Writer/Director/Producer
ColdTowne Theater | May '15, Mar ‘17 - Nov ‘17

Nerd Sketch Comedy.

RPG LIVE!

Improvisor/Producer
ColdTowne Theater | Jul ‘17 - Nov ‘17

Live Tabletop RPG Improv Comedy.

MEDITERRANEAN AVENUE

Improvisor
ColdTowne Theater | Jan ‘17 - Aug ‘17

Grounded Scenes With A Dash Of Abusrdity.

THE GRATITUDE ECONOMY

Performer/Co-Head Writer
ColdTowne Theater | Sep ‘16 - Dec ‘17

Politically Charged Wordplay Sketch Comedy.

Included A One-Act Comedy Play

BEING (BLANK)

Director/Producer
ColdTowne Theater | May ‘17 - Nov ‘17

Introspective And Analytical Improv Comedy.

BACKDOOR COMEDY*

Improvisor/Secretary/Writer
Indiana University  | Feb ‘13 -  May ‘15

Blackouts, Runners, Improv, And More Blackouts.

Included Two One-Act Comedy Plays.


Other...

Special Skills

*Denotes a show that included stage combat
MyFace2.jpg

J.D. Halbleib is an actor, improvisor, writer, director, producer, gamer, and Scrum Master in IL. Jake graduated from Indiana University with majors in Informatics and Theater & Drama. He thinks about 70% of the information he consumed was helpful for the real world. The other 30% were mandatory GenEds. He's worked on all ends of technology and comedy and is always eager to start a new project. He's performed at iO's new Bentwood Comedy Festival as well as IU's INprov Festival and Funny 500 (Formerly IUCCF) a handful of times and thinks that the old name was better.

Jake studied at ColdTowne Theater and completed their advanced program in Aug. of 2017.  He is currently going through iO's Improv Program and The Second City's Writing Program. Jake is a writer for Tim's Tesseract & Pitch, a producer and content creator for Knavery Ink, and does of a host of other things.

When Jake isn't aggressively pursuing his goals he enjoys long naps with his girlfriend, Jennifer, and their cats, Robin and Louise.

Some people call this activity sleep.


LATEST WRITING:

More at /Writing